How many projects have you backed and why do you back them?
  • critical kit
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How many projects have you backed and why do you back them?

by critical kit » Tue Nov 02, 2021 9:39 pm

To date I've only backed 2 as I've always been a little wary of KS. I'm still waiting on one for a year but the updates have been regular and informative about shipping delays, so that's put my mind at ease a little.

• elephant6
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by elephant6 » Mon Nov 22, 2021 7:13 am

I have just discovered Kickstarter and found many cool children's books through browsing their sections. The one I just backed is called Elli - The Little Girl With the Big Hair. It just caught my eye with it's beautiful illustrations and super cute video!
  • ShinySquirrelClub
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ShinySquirrelClub » Thu Jun 23, 2022 2:35 am

6 card decks
    6 arduino things
  • SuzanneFontaine
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by SuzanneFontaine » Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:04 pm

I have only backed about 3 or 4 projects so far.

I backed a project for a backpack made of Tyvek material because it caught my attention as something unique and something that would be useful. I have not yet received the award for it, but I think the project is still on schedule.

I also backed one for a pet-treat dispenser that you can clip to your belt or purse and you can dispense a treat with the press of a button. Backed that as it looked very handy and I hate having to dig dog treats out of a bag as that involves using 2 hands and my hands are already full trying to control my two dogs! Still waiting on that project to deliver the reward. They are later on delivery than planned, but have been giving good updates, which I really appreciate.

I also backed a cool book with images of famous Japanese woodcut prints that also had some Japanese stamps mounted inside (the stamps featured the woodcut print art). This was part of Kickstarter's "Make 100" project. Rewards were delivered on time and the creator did a fantastic job keeping backers updated along the way. He also has been communicating about other new, related projects he's launching.
    Suzanne Fontaine
    Creator of Playamigo
    FB & IG: @theplayamigo
    Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/su ... your-stuff
  • Maeliss
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Maeliss » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:32 am

I've backed 10 - mostly artbooks, comics and graphic novels that felt like they needed a last push.
  • creator2022
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by creator2022 » Tue Sep 06, 2022 1:42 am

I have backed one so far. It was launched by one of my friends. That's why I contributed.
  • riyazhyder
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by riyazhyder » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:53 pm

I've backed three so far. My first was in 2017 for a watch in Indiegogo. Then I was living in India and the reward shipping was a nightmare. Indian customs treat watches in the same band as jewelry and demanded a duty which was based on a value, they decided based on the watch. The duty was 3Xof the watch value itself and the creator asked me to abandon the shipment. The creator was super helpful and communicative. They later sent me another watch to my US address to make up for the loss but not the one I ordered.

Guess I was scared by that incident and did not explore the community till 2021. Since then, I have backed two projects, both on Kickstarter. I feel these platforms have made people start believing in their ideas again. I hope to have one of mine soon!
  • FerDavUA
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by FerDavUA » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:00 pm

Hello! My first response in the forum)

I have backed 2 projects so far, but not in Kickstarter sadly, because of the country I live. I mainly decided to back these projects because I liked the idea from these people and how they involved into it and with their community.
  • AKM
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by AKM » Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:18 pm

I am new to Kickstarter and have backed 11 projects most of which are still in the fundraising stage. I back a project if it resonates with me or if it is a cool idea that I can see the creator is super passionate about, want to see it come to life!
  • jhollm
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jhollm » Tue Dec 20, 2022 5:58 pm

I have backed two projects so far. Both projects are genres that I love and I thought that each one had a great concept. The way each project was advertised made me want to support it so that it would succeed.