How many projects have you backed and why do you back them?
  • Juni
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How many projects have you backed and why do you back th

by Juni » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:29 pm

I have only backed 3 projects. (Not for lack of interest, just lack of money. )
    The first one was for a campaign helping a group of incarcerated men get their short stories published. As my 'almost degree' is in CJ, I have a great interest in any program that assists with actual rehabilitation in our prison systems.
    The second one was from a friend's shared post on FB, for a band trying to get an album produced. I received the CD but never listened to it. And the third was for a personal friend needing help with medical bills.

I believe only one of those was KickStarter, the others were GFM.

• SleepyElin
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by SleepyElin » Wed May 09, 2018 12:11 am

1. How many projects have you backed on Kickstarter?
    It's about 12 projects or so I believe. The one I'm the most excited about is the latest one which is Deadwood 1876. I was sooo close to back Tortuga about a year ago but couldn't because I couldn't afford to, but I'm really excited for Deadwood!

2. What is your most frequent reason for backing?
    My main reason right now is "Can I afford to back this project?". If I have the money then I don't see any reason not to give someone a chance to fulfill their dream to make a certain project come true.
  • digloo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by digloo » Thu May 10, 2018 8:51 am

I've backed a few projects on both Kickstarter and IGG. It was either because I like their cause, or I thought they have a good chance of succeeding. In one case, I bought some stuff I wasn't even sure I wanted, just to support their efforts.

I have NOT backed several projects mostly because I felt they were highly likely to run into manufacturing problems.

I've invested in plenty of startups and watched many others that had working prototypes but couldn't get them built for whatever reason. Mostly this was because they were trying to head straight to China and get the lowest possible mfg cost, which is silly in my mind. Build your first 100 or 1000 here in the states, work out the bugs, reduce your costs, shake out usability issues, THEN ramp up production. Don't go straight to high-volume manufacturing out of the gate.

There was one situation where their "perk" was supposed to be mailed at some point, but they were never very clear when. I got an email saying they'd mailed something out, but the address I'd given them was no longer good and there was no way to reach anybody to get my address changed. I sent a few emails, but never got a reply. It wasn't that big a deal, but when projects stretch on for over 6 months, there definitely should be a way to communicate with somebody and especially to get your mailing address changed.
  • jacopotex
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by jacopotex » Mon May 21, 2018 8:23 pm

Hi have backed one project this , it was my first time.
    Backed because the video was great.
  • bkbyon
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by bkbyon » Fri May 25, 2018 9:31 pm

1 because we need better and cheaper items as always have been.

We need $20 complete motion capture system like in infinity war, and complete render farm. Afterall they're just cheap metals.

:):):) Not to mention hobbit:):):):)
  • Tal
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Tal » Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:30 pm

The projects I've backed are mainly art related as that's the field I'm in. I also like to look into anything photography related too.

Recently I've backed 2 art books and some enamel pins, because I can't say no to those :)
  • lkim7
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lkim7 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:24 am

1. So far I have backed 1 project, which is Ze Time
    2. Why? Only in Kickstarter I can find something that is innovative and awesome
  • Steven2m
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by Steven2m » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:36 pm

none so far :(
    Please visit our campaign: The ultimate clicker master of the universe
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/20 ... e-universe
  • ainderbitzin
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by ainderbitzin » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:13 pm

I have backed several but the ones I love the most are the ones that have a mission to help others through their proceeds. See the most recent one I backed here http://www.ifundwomen.com/projects/le-pamier
  • Pimmlet
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Pimmlet » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:32 am

I think I've backed about 4 or 5 (there's more I'd back if I had more money!)
    They are usually projects of people I 'know' through social media and small business groups that I am excited to see grow :D
    (and this is my first post so hello!)