How many projects have you backed and why do you back them?
  • Gamelover
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How many projects have you backed and why do you back th

by Gamelover » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:38 pm

I have backed only a few projects and I back them because of personal interest and/or the creativity of it. The latest one that just came out that I am going to back is this one https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/27 ... nav_search and I am going to back it because I LOVE superheros!

• Pratim
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Pratim » Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:56 am

I am very new to kickstarter and some of people suggested me that Kickstarter is place to get innovative products. So, recently I tried my luck with Skiva iPhone 6 dock battery case. It seems it helps to charge my iphone wireless. Things look good but lets see how it actually work.

Also, I have backed one ZNAPS, magnetic adapter. I think with this two products, I will make my iPhone 6 fully wireless :)
    cetheart
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by cetheart » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:00 am

I backed the following:
      BetterBack - Perfect Posture Effortlessly
      Purtybelt: Stylishly Conceal Your Valuables!
      Painting Anna

BetterBack seemed like a good product. Even though I didn't have enough funds to get the product, I pledged an amount that I could afford at the time. I wanted this project to be successful and to help others like I knew that it could. This project already had a following and did well.

Purtybelt was a product created by my brilliant sister. I backed the project because I wanted it to succeed. This project didn't have a prefabricated following. Despite her, and our friend's efforts, this product didn't get funded.

Painting Anna was a filmed that was created by some friends of mine. I knew it would be a good film, so I funded it. It was successfully funded, and it is a very good film!
    - Crystal Edwards
    Path Entanglement, an art & poetry book.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cetheart/art-and-poetry-book-path-entanglement
  • Paralo
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Paralo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:00 am

1. We backed two projects so far
    2. The quality of the product looked great! and we wanted to support small makers that devote a lot of passion to their work.
  • OrangeYouGlad?
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by OrangeYouGlad? » Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:13 pm

1st time backing a Kickstarter. Helping out a friend who is trying to honor the legacy of his grangfather/WWII hero

Following the completion of high school, Jay along with one of his brothers, purchased and operated a grocery store in Clearfield. During WWII, he enlisted in the U.S. Air Force and served as a Crewmember and Armor Gunner aboard B-24 Bombers in the European Theater. He served with the 15th Airborne and completed 32 missions. Their plane was shot down behind enemy lines in Italy and although one crewman was badly injured, Jay refused to leave him behind. He sprinkled the wound with sulfa powder and bound him with tape then carried him for a full day until they met up with the rest of the crew, who then took turns carrying him and made it out. While he was on furlough, he was married to Patricia "Pat" Herbert on October 6, 1945 at Clearfield, Utah.

"Our grandfather Jay Elmer Steed was the hardest working man we’ve ever known. Grandpa Jay worked in various fields of printing for over 60 years and his company, Jay’s Litho, was well known and loved in the Community of Wenatchee Washington. During the final 20 years of his life he did all his printing in a shop he built in his back yard so he could continue working every day. He printed his last order only a few months before his death in May 2013 at the age of 92. In our family there is an expectation for hard work and thanks to our grandpa, we know what hard work is. We love our grandpa Jay and want to honor him and continue his printing legacy by naming our company after Jay’s Litho, but instead of paper we use Hammocks. He made his mark on this world through printing and now we continue his legacy."

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... o-hammocks
  • nealakasaka
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by nealakasaka » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:06 am

I recently supported the Reboot the Suit project https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smithsonian/reboot-the-suit-bring-back-neil-armstrongs-spacesu?ref=hero, which is a campaign aimed at preserving and digitizing Neil Armstrong's suit. I think it's pretty important that this happens, and that it deserves a lot of support :)
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:25 pm

@nealakasaka - How many projects have you backed thus far and why did you decide to back them?
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • nealakasaka
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by nealakasaka » Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:41 pm

I've only backed the one project that I mentioned above, so far. I actually didn't have a Kickstarter account of my own until recently. I'm really big on science related projects, or fiction (with an emphasis on fantasy and science fiction), so if you have any recommendations, let me know :-)
  • conklbm
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by conklbm » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:49 am

Wow,
    I'm amazed at the numbers of projects some have backed.
    I've only backed 3 thus far -- a documentary, underwear, and socks.
    Haha, obviously what I've backed is more functional, but since we've created our own campaign I'm beginning to get into it more and more.
    I'm realizing that it's really dang exciting to get a product in the mail that you didn't just buy, but you invested in!
    Bottega Boutique on Wheels
    http://www.bottegacollection.com/fashiontruck
    A Women's Fashion Truck Project
  • lazuliowl
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by lazuliowl » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:58 pm

I have a project under the fashion category and I need people to tell me if it's appealing to them to see if need to change or modify it.

Here is the link to Lazuli Owl Project: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/12 ... -community