What have you learned from running a Kickstarter campaign?
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

Re: What have you learned from running a Kickstarter campaig

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:30 am

Yes. One way is to post an Update and set it to Backers Only.

The other is to go to your Dashboard and select Message. You actually can tailor your messages to certain reward tiers (e.g. send a message to only your $1 backers).

If you have any more questions feel free to ask! There are no dumb questions, we are all here to support each other.

If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
  • eeining82
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by eeining82 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:57 pm

I just launched a Kickstarter project a about a week ago and thought that we had everything planned out well. I found that we are having the same problem a few others experienced. We didn't push the campaign before the launch. It's important to get your community behind you on something like this before hand.
    Eric Eining - Seven Gun Games
    Kickstarting Cookie Dunk Dunk: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/18 ... e_location
  • marianaleta52
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by marianaleta52 » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:49 pm

Yes I think you are right. Next time.
  • roodyrock
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by roodyrock » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:38 pm

I know we are only 6 day's within our campaign https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ls ... am-liqueur but I have 1 great tip to point out on launch point.
    So far we have 1400 facebook shares of the video and only less then 10% of the target hit.
    We came to notice (after 2 days) that everyone on Facebook would Clic on the video... ON FACEBOOK , then the video would play ON FACEBOOK and not on the kickstarter page. Everyone loves the video, we got tons of likes and share but nobody was pledging since it wasn't on the kickstarter page with the big countdown and pledge button.
    It's pretty hard to re-roll the same buzz we rocketed on and could endup being a costly mistake.

I rather share this now for everyone else.
    When you post the kickstarter link on facebook. TAKE OUT the video that pops under the link.
    when people click on the link directly. You get redirect to the kickstarter page.
    If people click on the Video on facebook only the video will play directly on facebook.
    Some people might miss the point of what your trying to do.

Cheers
  • marianaleta52
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by marianaleta52 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:35 am

excellent information….!! Thank you…what a drag to have known this in the beginning….I will change it now…blessings to you
  • life_newly_filtered
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by life_newly_filtered » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:21 pm

inflexionUSA wrote:Connect, Connect, Connect

It's important to have a strong following of passionate supporters long before you start a campaign.

I agree with this wholeheartedly!
  • niklarse
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by niklarse » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:01 pm

I was certain I knew my product and had some success in selling a few items. With good feedback from friends I decided to give Kickstarter a whirl. I was confident that I could raise a small amount. Unfortunately I underestimated how important my video was, also at the time I had no facebook page or twitter account.

Like a few people I have followed / read about I wish I had created at least some social following for my clothing, rather than launching it to all my friends and family all at once. Even though I have got a few backers 40% with a few weeks to go I feel just persuing these avenues before would have done me loads of favours.

I think people concentrate on their product, and forget about the idea of promotion - maybe I was guilty of under-estimating Kickstarter and expeced more backers to 'just find me'.

Still I feel I have learned that self promotion, attention to detail and a great video are the way to go. (My video is still not great) but I have no time to re-do it! Good luck Kickstarters!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1711803274/wolfride-clothing
  • an439
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by an439 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:29 am

Great point thus far. I think that the most important thing is to have a strong following pre-launch. Then would be the marketing. I've launched once with no marketing, then launched with as much marketing as I could, but failed to grow a followers list which might be a doom to my relaunch.
  • wurfel
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by wurfel » Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:27 pm

Hi there!

I wanted to ask as a general question with Kickstarter projects. What can a project creator do if someone backs up the project for just $1 to only then see he makes comments in the comments section just to make one look bad? I am aware the creators can't delete these comments, but how does other creators get around these?
    http://kck.st/1lggHFy " When fashion meets personality, it brings innovative style." Arrow Project
  • cwoodruffcoates
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by cwoodruffcoates » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:29 pm

When I posted my first campaign and saw that strangers were purchasing rewards (artwork that hadn't yet been created), I learned not to undervalue my artwork. My first campaign was a huge confidence booster, and once the work was finished and shipped, I received many compliments.

I also learned that I under sold my work. :)