Follow

KickstarterForum.org

This site is not affiliated with Kickstarter, Inc.

Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict)

Post-Crowdfunding Marketplaces

Get your questions about Kickstarter or Crowdfunding answered here.

by Freshpreneur » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:02 pm

Hey guys what are your thoughts on post-crowdfunding marketplaces? Do you think that there is a need for entrepreneurs to list products in a marketplace like Amazon Launchpad, Etsy, Gadgetflow, etc.? Please reply with your thoughts general or specific on the subject.

Thanks in advance! :D
Justin Rogers
Owner & Founder
Freshpreneur
https://www.freshpreneur.com/
Freshpreneur
-- New Member --
-- New Member --

Share This Thread On

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter Share on Reddit Reddit Share on Google+ Google+

by hyperstarter » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:14 am

Yeah I'd say there's a need. What other alternative would a new campaign owner have? They could promote on their own website, but to link up and be part of a recognised, bigger platform makes alot of sense in the short term.
Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: http://www.hyperstarter.com
hyperstarter
-- Veteran Member --
-- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:49 am

This post has been moved to the Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict) section.
Forum Moderator.
Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
Cristina
-- Veteran Member --
-- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:39 pm

Good question. When people go into stores and see "as seen on SharkTank" they tend to get excited and check out the product. There used to be that affect with "as seen on TV." The question is whether or not that feeling would translate to an ecommerce store and specifically, post-Kickstarter projects.

InDemand is an example, of course.

Most of the stores I've seen that start end up closing down.

I think the person starting it has to be really smart about the marketing of it and intimately understand the psychology of the backers, just like etsy products have very specific buyers.

I also think there is ample opportunity with FB live to sell products in the future. It's turning into TV/reality TV.

Sal
Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
sbriggman
-- Veteran Member --
-- Veteran Member --

Return to Kickstarter and Crowdfunding Questions Only (Strict)

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts