My first Kickstarter - KamiDrop, a game with a difference...
  • crimsonnight
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

My first Kickstarter - KamiDrop, a game with a difference...

by crimsonnight » Mon May 15, 2017 7:10 pm

Hey guys, I launched my first campaign Friday:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crimsonnight/kamidrop-make-friends-for-life

I've been developing the project for years and have been working on the campaign for months. The primary aim of the campaign is to create a buzz before a public launch, as well as allowing us to add more content and fulfil our vision for the game. Any support/advice would be greatly appreciated! Cheers =)

hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: My first Kickstarter - KamiDrop, a game with a differenc

by hyperstarter » Mon May 22, 2017 3:27 am

What a cool little game. £600 quid is a little underwhelming though as I can see you spent alot of time and effort on the game.

Who have you reached out to and which influencers will write about you?
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • crimsonnight
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by crimsonnight » Mon May 22, 2017 9:44 am

Thank you very much!

So far I've just been working on targeting communities and social media, I have no idea where to start in terms of influencers. I've been looking into marketing/pr companies but again, it's tricky to decide who to go with... it's a shame GF don't work with games. If you have any advice in regards to this it'd definitely be appreciated! :)
    hyperstarter
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by hyperstarter » Mon May 22, 2017 10:24 am

I've worked on a couple of game campaigns raising $6k to $12k, they're pretty hard to market but if you are getting Steam Greenlit and connect with the right people, it helps.

Let me know if can offer any help.
    Promote your campaign today with Hyperstarter & use our free tool to identify Kickstarter page problems & fixes: https://www.hyperstarter.com/about
  • crimsonnight
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by crimsonnight » Mon May 22, 2017 10:29 am

Yes please, help would be grand! I'll drop you a message :)
  • Zombiescape
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Zombiescape » Tue Dec 25, 2018 6:40 am

My first kickstarter project - Zombiescape: Survival in a post zombie apocalypse

About the game :

The game is set in a post zombie apocalypse with the intent on being able to interact with the world in the same manner (or close to) the way you would in real life.

Have you ever fantasised about how your fort would look during a zombie apocalypse? Perhaps you've looked at a giant warehouse and thought about the many ways you could prepare it to be your new home. This is the game that will allow you to create, defend and survive how you wish.

You can collect grass and sticks to create tinder for fires. Gather clay to fire and make your own bricks. Break down walls in a building to make a bigger fort. Add razorwire to the top of a building to prevent climbers, and so much more. This is not just a zombie game but one that pushes creativity to new limits.

You will encounter mutated zombies who will have various speeds and abilities as well as the problem that your own body has the chance to mutate (0.1% chance) with each attack.

You can play online and work with other survivors to help build up an existing fort to create a heavily fortified base and strive for supremacy over the zombies. One drawback of bigger bases is that more mutated and powerful zombies will be drawn to you.

Start your own base and choose whether to let other survivors in automatically or not, taking the risk that a newcomer may not have your best interests at heart.

If you choose to play offline with the option of going solo, or sending a radio signal to call survivors to your fort to help with defence, harvesting and more.

Everything you do in the world will give you experience in a skill which over time has better effects - the more you make armor the better you get at making more durable and stronger armor. The more you build, the less materials you waste (such as bent / lost nails, split wood) when constructing.

*Bad Karma Effect* - a new global rule will take place to discourage overkills: a player who has a much higher power rating (Overly powerful weapons, armor and level) deciding to attack a much lower rated player will suffer the bad karma effect: all negative chances for something to occur are much, much higher and all positive chances for something to occur are all but zeroed out for a period of time. This includes things like chance of critical strike, chance for an attack to miss and so on.

If you ever wandered how you would go in the world if a zombie apocalypse took place, this game would test your creativity.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/22 ... escription