TabletHookz on Kickstarter - Campaign 2
  • Is our TabletHookz campaign of interest to you ?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:54 am

Yes - I will back you
    No votes
    Yes - I will think about backing you
    No votes
    Yes - but it's not for me
    No votes
    No - Not for me
    No votes
    No- rewards too expensive
    No votes
    No - other reason
    No votes

Total votes: 0
  • mikecTH
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

TabletHookz on Kickstarter - Campaign 2

by mikecTH » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:54 am

tiny-small-image.png
    tiny-small-image.png (72.77 KiB) Viewed 833 times
    tiny-upsidedown2.png
    tiny-upsidedown2.png (44.27 KiB) Viewed 833 times

Hi Everyone,

Following a failed Kickstarter campaign in November we're determined not to be beaten and trying again.

TabletHookz launched 13 days ago and are now 70% funded. TabletHookz is a very simple concept, with so many airlines not offering In flight entertainment (IFE) a lot of us now use our own equipment for this, TabletHookz is a simple means to place your tablet or smartphone at eye level - Securely. It also works for those seats where you can't mount a tablet or smartphone infront of you (bulkhead or emergency exit row) - there isn't a product out there that can do both !

In this campaign our backers told us they wanted more, so being flexible is key and we have gone straight back into design (as if trying to run a campaign wasn't busy enough) and now developed an add-on so that TabletHookz can also be used in a motor vehicle - so if we make our 100% goal we will be unlocking this stretch target to cover the costs of production of this add on. So that's one mounting for home, office, plane, train, coach and cars !!

tiny-JEEP-small.png
    tiny-JEEP-small.png (45.05 KiB) Viewed 832 times

I'd be really interested to learn from people which marketing strategies have been the best for them, for us our budget is small, and we're only trying to raise a relatively small amount to get us going, we've spent most of our money on protecting the product (Patents & Registered Designs) hence the need to crowdfund.

The big thing for us with crowd-funding is that it's not just about the money, but also about the validation of the product, do the backers see the product as a good idea, the same as we do, its so easy to fall in love with your own idea/invention.

I have attached a poll also as would be interested in what you think of our campaign, any feedback also welcome.

TabletHookz Campaign https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tablethookz/tablethookz?ref=csyrj6

Thanks Mike :D

therriaultk
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: TabletHookz on Kickstarter - Campaign 2

by therriaultk » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:44 am

Hi Mike,

Congratulations on your re-launch and your progress so far! You're doing great. :)

In terms of promoting your campaign on a low budget, here is a CrowdCrux post that might be helpful i:

http://www.crowdcrux.com/5-low-budget-p ... -campaign/

TabletHookz looks like a cool gadget. Your Kickstarter page has a lot of great visuals and information. If anything, I would add more variety to your Twitter marketing. Your introductory post to new followers is great but that's all you see on your page. Sharing content in your niche and updates like:

"We're X percent funded as of today, back our project before (end date) for special Kickstarter savings! #travelaccessories"

or something along those lines can help draw more attention.

I love the pictures you have on your Instagram for TabletHookz so far, but you don't have many followers yet. Following accounts that cover travel accessories (something like this account with almost 10K followers:https://www.instagram.com/travelaccessories/), accounts for similar products, and people who travel can help your account get noticed. Once you have more followers in your niche it will be easier for other users who might be interested in backing your project to find you.

Just a few thoughts! Good luck with the rest of your campaign, keep us updated! :D
    Community Manager - CrowdCrux.com
  • lowkey
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by lowkey » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:27 am

i am amazed you even manage to collect some good amount of backers for this.
    Personal Record : Assisted 13 Campaigns - 13K Backers - $2M Funded
    1 Year 7 Months Crowdfunding Marketing Compiled
    http://bit.ly/marketingresearchcompiled
    Cristina
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by Cristina » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:02 am

This post has been moved to the General Chat + Introduce Yourself section.
    Forum Moderator.
    Site Owner: Salvador Briggman
  • TwoforTwo
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by TwoforTwo » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:29 pm

omg, that's great tablet
    but what games could I play on such a tablet?
  • charli55
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by charli55 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:35 am

TwoforTwo wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:29 pm omg, that's great tablet
    Yes the tablet is very good, but for the game I think you need another. Four years ago, my wife gave birth to a child and recently I bought him a tablet, it helps to develop the child, of course, my wife and I bring him up, but the tablet helps. When I was looking for this tablet for my child I found gaming tablets with serious characteristics . They're almost like computers these days. I also noticed that it is not necessary to take brands, there are good gaming tablets for normal money. I think it is not necessary to overpay. I also took it, by the way, I often use it in the car:)
  • MrOsborne
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by MrOsborne » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:44 pm

charli55 wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:35 am
    TwoforTwo wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:29 pm omg, that's great tablet
    Yes the tablet is very good, but for the game I think you need another. Four years ago, my wife gave birth to a child and recently I bought him a tablet, it helps to develop the child, of course, my wife and I bring him up, but the tablet helps. When I was looking for this tablet for my child I found gaming tablets with serious characteristics . They're almost like computers these days. I also noticed that it is not necessary to take brands, there are good gaming tablets for normal money. I think it is not necessary to overpay. I also took it, by the way, I often use it in the car:)
    Where can I find some more feedback?
    TimColeman
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by TimColeman » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:24 am

Since I was a child, or since when Ipads and tablets appeared, I couldn't stand scrolling on them. IDK why, but I have built an ignorance over this device. Still, working with 200 employees, the giant tablet is crucial at meetings and events. I rent tablets from tabletsoflondon.co.uk , and it runs at optimum efficiency. To work effectively, it is essential for you to gain a broad perspective on managing a business through management by hiring experienced professionals. I firmly believe that giant tablets are crucial for a better cooperation