Crowdfunding tips from a $40k+ Campaign
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Crowdfunding tips from a $40k+ Campaign

by sbriggman » Tue May 27, 2014 3:37 pm

The Open Hearts campaign raised $42,672 on Indiegogo and they only had a $4,000 goal! https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/open ... doors#home

Check out some of their tips below for crowdfunding on Indiegogo:

Where did the pledges come from? (sources - Indiegogo? News? Social media?)

The pledges came from indiegogo and social media - people have mostly heard about our campaign via facebook or from emails sent by my team or from people who have passed along the emails we sent.

Why did you choose Indiegogo over other fundraising platform?

Indiegogo was recommended to us by our professor, and we liked the fact that we can use flexible funding. In addition, Indiegogo's support staff has been extremely responsive when we had any issues and have emailed us directly to inform us that we are trending on their page.

Do you have any tips or advice for people looking to fundraise via indiegogo?

One piece of advice would be to create a compelling story - we are crowdfunding for an incredible young girl and her family and this has really inspired people to give. Additionally, to stay in contact with those who have donated - we continuously update them on our progress on the indiegogo page, have thanked them via email, and sent out a thank you video directly from Sara (the young girl we are crowdfunding for). Your donors are your biggest influencers, and its crucial to continue engaging with them so that they will spread and share your story with their networks.

What do you think of their campaign?

Leave a comment below.

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • HSAR_Marketing
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: Crowdfunding tips from a $40k+ Campaign

by HSAR_Marketing » Thu May 29, 2014 6:16 pm

This was an amazing campaign. I am currently working on a campaign for our rescue so that we can get a storage shed. We have barely raised $100 out $2500, with two left on our campaign. We do not have a Twitter account, only Facebook and have posted regularly to it and thanked those who have donated. Any advice on what we can do to possibly help for the last two week push? Thank you.

http://igg.me/at/hsar/x/7120112
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:15 pm

I would direct email/message your friends/family/professional connections. Should you choose to relaunch, you definitely need to include a video, explain the team behind the campaign, and come up with some creative rewards.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • Bojankacarski
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Bojankacarski » Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:02 pm

this is so amazing raising so much money really inspiring
  • onthewaterlifestyle
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by onthewaterlifestyle » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:58 am

Great tip on keeping donors constantly updated. Thanks.

Cheryl
    http://igg.me/at/GulfCoastWaves
  • AleishaGore

by AleishaGore » Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:01 pm

Yes, that's exactly right. I went to a crowdfunding class on Monday night and they shared tips. Update, update, update. Also constantly posting about it and building a team to do the same were the biggest ways. Another tip was: donate to other campaigns. So many people think they're "the only ones" but this mentality keeps people from helping others and in turn they won't be helped either. Last thing is to THANK people. Gratitude is super important! :D
    Aleisha Gore
    Writer, Director, Producer, Chocolate is Not Better than Sex
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/al ... r-than-sex

All I want for you is Happiness. :)
    Show the world you are made of love. The world will shine.
    kreefax

by kreefax » Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:12 pm

Wonderful campaign! Congratulations!
    Gilles DeCruyenaere
    My Indiegogo campaign in support of my first novel: "I Dreamt of Trees"
    http://igg.me/at/i-dreamt-of-trees
    http://www.kreefax.com
    nomlinz
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by nomlinz » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:51 pm

An older thread here, but these are such great tips on keeping backers updated and frequently communicating with them. It's such an important thing to do! Keeping backers engaged not only makes them trust the legitimacy of the project but also keeps them from refunding their contribution.

Other things to keep in mind during this time to keep the momentum going during the launch:

- outreach every single day. Find publications, bloggers, vloggers, etc. that have an audience that might love your project. Let them know how your campaign is doing and let them know how their readers/viewers would love your project. Give them something to write about.
    - plan mutual shoutouts. Find other campaigns that are live, get in touch with them to plan mutual shoutouts so that their backers hear about your campaign and your backers hear about their campaign. Boom, additional eyes to both projects all for free!
    - execute a referral program. Your backers already want to see your project get fully funded and deliver. Ask them to share within their social networks to make sure that the word gets out about your project; they for sure have a few people in their network who might also love the project and support you too!
    - pay for ads. If you have some budget to spare, run some targeted advertisements to people who might be interested in your project!
    - host a live session to talk about your project. To help convince those who are on the fence, get LIVE on the internet and showcase your project. Answer frequently asked questions and potentially even take live questions from the crowd.

Best of luck!
    Hi! I run the popular blog Crush Crowdfunding and have helped people successfully raise over $7 million on Kickstarter and Indiegogo. Get the proven step-by-step system to launch a successful crowdfunding campaign: http://bit.ly/crushcfhandbook
  • monsur
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by monsur » Wed Aug 21, 2019 6:19 am

Thanks for sharing your experience and opinion