Dream Big: IX Art Park
  • Brian Wimer
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Dream Big: IX Art Park

by Brian Wimer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:12 pm

What's your dream city? Really. What's your Pepperland? Your Oz? Your Shangri La? That's what we're asking as we embark on the ambitious creation of Central Virginia's first major Art Park. A multi-acre sculpture-strolling, flowered and fountained, mural-festooned mecca that's open to ordinary folks, soon-to-be-friends and dreamers like you and me. Come on, we'll show you what it's like...

The IX Art Park is transforming a former factory footprint into a communal cultural space for art, music, theater ... and dreams.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/19 ... e_location

• SeekingSublet
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

Re: Dream Big: IX Art Park

by SeekingSublet » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:31 pm

Hey Brian,

What a great idea and perfect to fund through Kickstarter!

I really enjoyed checking out your project and just tweeted about it from your Kickstarter page on our project Twitter @seekingsublet

We also have only 9 days left to make our goal. Let's support one another in getting there! You can check out our Kickstarter too at: http://kck.st/1l8VjjJ or learn more about our comedy webseries at www.seekingsublet.com

I hope you will check us out and retweet us too! And if you have any tips for getting to our goal, let us know, as you are slightly farther along then us.

Great luck!! Let's make this happen!
  • Brian Wimer
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Brian Wimer » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:18 pm

Good luck on the webseries. Great concept. I'm always wary (as a filmmaker myself) of ... Game of Thrones. Yeah, there's some serious content out there that's hard to compete with in production value. Sometimes you have to do that Hollywouldn't angle. I'll do what I can to get the word out there. Take big risks I say. Go where no one has gone before.
  • SeekingSublet
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by SeekingSublet » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:35 pm

Thanks so much, Brian! So appreciate your support and kind words.

I just posted to our 664 Facebook followers about what they'd like to see offered to get more people to donate as everyone seems to be really enjoying the videos -- the one we posted yesterday has gotten over 4500 views already! I asked them what other rewards they would love to see specifically, etc. So we'll see what they say.

But yeah, I haven't ruled out doing like a 48 hour live web stream or something else more outside of the box to really grab people's attention. We're going to do a social media night with a lot of our cast and producing team this week, so that will hopefully help, and a live comedy show I think to raise more interest and funds if we can pull it off in time. But if anyone else has suggestions, feel free to share! We're open to all suggestions.

Thanks,
    Katie