So, an International Bestselling Author is supporting my KS!
  • PeeJayx
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

So, an International Bestselling Author is supporting my KS!

by PeeJayx » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Kickstarter link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pjleonard/tick-a-novel-by-pj-leonard
    Link to Video Trailer (YouTube): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Fo6y...DV21Zx019Yd1AA

Evening everyone! Thanks for looking in. The name's P.J. Leonard. Looking forward to seeing all of your Kickstarters here! The link above is for my Kickstarter for my novel, 'Tick'.

'Tick' is completed novel. It is an adventure-fantasy, aimed at young adults primarily, but with an ease of language that will be accessible to younger readers as well as touching on topics an older audience can appreciate. After five years in redrafting and editing, I am delighted to finally be able to share this story with everyone.

The full details are on the Kickstarter, but 'Tick' is essentially done. All it needs now is funding to publish and promote it, the first stage being through online publishers, the second being in printed format. This is where I need your help!

There's a link for this on the KS page too, but you can also sample a bit of the audiobook (also read by me!) to get a taster.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQXkT...DV21Zx019Yd1AA

Thanks again for reading, and I hope you like Tick!
    Any questions, feel free to drop them here or on the KS page. Cheers!

Tickwallpaper named small.jpg
    Tickwallpaper named small.jpg (164.53 KiB) Viewed 3758 times
    Last edited by PeeJayx on Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

Re: So, an International Bestselling Author is supporting my

by sbriggman » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:25 pm

The kickstarter link you provided doesn't seem to work :/
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • PeeJayx
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by PeeJayx » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:16 pm

Oops! My bad, sorry! Fixed it now!

Also, I'm here to talk UPDATES and Reward LEVEL-UPS!

Here's the beefed up new-look reward system I have in place:

Firstly, the printed editions will be Hardback copies with dust jackets. All signs and personalized messages will be handwritten.
    Secondly, ALL electronic editions will now be signed within the e-book.
    Thirdly, the backers of the £25 tier and above will have a personalized signature in their e-book!
    Fourthly, the backers of the £50 tier and above will also get an exclusive, will-never-again-see-the-light-of-day e-book copy of the first complete draft of Tick as well!

Basically, if you have already backed: sit, back and relax, your rewards just got even better. If not, then now is the time!

Thank you again for all of your support. I hope we can keep this momentum!
  • BTRT
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by BTRT » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:04 pm

Very cool!!
    Lori Campbell, Dyer & Dreamer
    Campaign Launched: http://tinyurl.com/Kickin-itBTRT
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:53 pm

@Peejayx How's the campaign going so far?
  • PeeJayx
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by PeeJayx » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:00 am

@BTRT: Thanks! :)

@sbriggman: Better than I expected, thanks for asking! I think I'm hitting that middle-10-day slump right now, I'm kinda hoping for a big push in the last few days and hours. Plus I have some ideas up my sleeve to help push that along! Btw thanks for setting up this awesome site!
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:29 pm

@peejayx - Definitely :). Yea, the Kickstarter slum is tough. I included some ideas to get out of it here: http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/kickstarter-slump/

How's the youtube video marketing going for you? Saw it got 111 views. If I were in your position, I would consider giving an incentive for people to leave a comment on the youtube project (if they aren't willing to pledge to have access to the comments section). Then you can use their comments as testimonials.
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:36 pm

I agree, Sal. The slump is a horrible thing. I think I am going to do a live event during the doldrums of my next campaign....and every one in the future. I think for all creatives having some kind of BANG when you reach the bottom of the U is vital. I am going to test out this concept in my next project. My printer (Roger at Evolve Digital.....omg, guys, I picked up first proofs yesterday. The man is a digital da Vinci. I am so glad I took Danielle's advice and focused on finding a printer and not buying the epson 3880 and printing in house.....yes, I would have loved to hot my second Stretch Goal. But I stated that the reason I wanted to raise the extra funds was to buy the epson. Everything happens for a reason it seems.....

How is life, Sal? You saw the amazing mention (your own paragraph!) of Crowdcrux in that New York Times online article, right?
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:28 pm

"The man is a digital da Vinci" - You always have the best quotes haha. Thanks for the wallpaper btw! Love that piece. Yea, was lucky enough to be linked to by the NYT :).

Life is good - snow looks like it's beginning to melt a bit in NYC. Hopefully we won't get any more snow storms. I'm ready for spring!
  • InfiniteHorizonsUly
    Kickstarter Succcess
    Kickstarter Succcess

by InfiniteHorizonsUly » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:44 pm

Thanks Sal, I am so glad you liked the art! I am shifting to shipping phase and this project should be closed and fulfilled in about two weeks! What is funny is that I had watched a BBC doc on da Vinci (one of those British style docs where the history is narrative and shot like a film in most parts) and when I was showing danielle the proofs I thought," this guy is the da Vinci of digital archiveable prints. I am so happy I got funded, the wide format printing tech has come a long way since we printed with our old Epson 2200.

Danielle spent all day on Sunday creating am excel spreadsheet that turned out great!

Once the project is closed I can post more on the forum and help when I can--already have a few posts in the sales series I want to complete!

Stay warm!! Danielle is from southern new Hampshire and now that we have another one on the way (June, it is a girl....we are naming her Waverly!) it is very likely we will relocate in a few years. Her brother has three kids and she has a huge family. I just don't know if I can leave these San Diego winters.
    If you would like to see my art, then visit my tiny node on the web, click>>> www.starsongsandmoondreams.com