What is your day job? What is your passion project?
  • AndyGameDev
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: What is your day job? What is your passion project?

by AndyGameDev » Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:14 pm

My day job is Application Developer developing web applications for human resources for a large company

My passion project is my new video game Bites, it's a classic snake game with a lot of new and innovative features.

Here is my Kickstarter page: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/28 ... th-a-twist

• GavinWallace
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by GavinWallace » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:31 pm

Well being 15 years old the day job is High School but after that is managing my own business creating custom handcrafted wooden pens.
  • YourSantaMovie
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by YourSantaMovie » Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:40 pm

YourSantaMovie
    My day job is Director of Media Services at UC Irvine, CA.
    My Kickstarter 'job' and obsession is a unique Children's Chrsitmas Movie.
    kck.st/1kAw0CK
  • AshMRichter
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by AshMRichter » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:37 am

For my day-job, my night-job, my eat-sleep-and-breathe-job, I am an archaeologist.

And while archaeology is a part of my passion, that passion is divided three ways --- between archaeology, art, and technology.

It's a funny little place to love. I'm at an odd intersection between technology development for art and archaeology that could so easily thrive if people were aware it was there. Art and archaeology have so much to offer technology development---they are perfect little problem solvers for all of the visualization challenges that society is going to need to overcome if they want to get to all of those cool science fiction technologically advanced space travel futures.

My current project on kickstarter is dedicated to that kind of technology development and refinement through exploring cultural heritage artistically.

A showcase of 3D printed archaeological artifacts, LiDAR upholstered furniture, and other art made from science, its intended as advocacy for a new Renaissance and re-marriage between science and art. Where the past is part of the present and open to all people to participate and perpetuate it.

Check out Open Access Antiquarianism on Kickstarter, pledge your support, and please help us promote this project that will help preserve the past, by building the future. The link is just below my signature below.

Acres of best regards,
    ashleyx
    Crowdsourcing Comrades: Check out my project
    Open Access Antiquarianism

http://kck.st/1reXVj8
    DavyWagnarok
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by DavyWagnarok » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:08 am

People usually scratch their heads when I tell them I'm a librarian. Is it the way I talk, I wonder? I tend to drop the F bomb every other word and still refer to men as "dudes" and women as "chicks". Perhaps it's my love for urban fashion and hip hop! I dunno, but people just don't get it. Lol.

I've been working as a librarian for a college for 4 1/2 years now, always dreaming of the day I get to leave and pursue making games for a living.

Good luck to everyone out there trying to pave their own future!

My passion project can be found online via Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/da ... ity-rumble

Launching this yesterday was the most epic moment of my life. I spent over 1400 man-hours putting this together. Couldn't be more proud of it!
  • werebestfriends
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by werebestfriends » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:08 am

My name is Taylor and my friend(Andrew) and I have started a YouTube channel called "We're Best Friends", The channel will have assortment of different series showcasing many different things best friends would do. It be more focused on comedy but there will be other aspects down the road.

As for myself though, I'm currently somewhat jobless. I injured my leg a couple weeks ago outside of work, which resulted in them having to let me go. Andrew and I run a small screen printing shop out of his garage but it doesn't bring in nowhere near enough money to pay the bills right now. Its more of a hobby I guess you could say. My real passion is in entertainment. I love playing music(guitar and bass for 11 years), Watching movies, playing video games and watching football.

I love making people happy. I get a weird satisfaction out of it. I guess that's why I love comedy. Nothing brings people together more than making them laugh.
  • aknicholas
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by aknicholas » Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:26 pm

I am a photographer. I specialize in images of the nude form.

My project is called Bella Nuda. It is a photo book. I also enjoy producing how-to books and articles for other photographers as well as models.
  • JDeCommer
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by JDeCommer » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:24 pm

Hello, I am Joseph DeCommer. I'm pretty new at all of this crowd funding business. My project is all about my artwork! Work that I have created, am creating, and will create in the future. You can see my work at http://www.decommer.com

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for looking!
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/15 ... ommer-2015
  • bugvibes
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by bugvibes » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:20 am

Day job = product developer, nutrition, and marketing
    Passion= trying to help give me my Dad's business a start on Kickstarter :)
  • Shuzza
    -- Senior Member --
    -- Senior Member --

by Shuzza » Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:44 am

By day I am working about 3/4 time on my passion project and the rest on real estate, at least this past couple months. I'd love to have you follow me (especially you bugvibes) and came here to get feedback on rewards, etc.
    I have a contest running - https://www.facebook.com/PrepAndServe/a ... 1485429310 to share about my product or the main page is http://PrepAndServe.com a modular container system to prep, store and travel with food.

I've done an unsuccessful and then very successful but very short campaign, this one will be for 100X more money.
    Thanks for asking!