How To Efficiently Manage Your Crowdfunding Project
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

How To Efficiently Manage Your Crowdfunding Project

by sbriggman » Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Read the full article here: http://www.crowdfundingpr.org/efficient ... g-project/

A common theme I hear from creators of failed Kickstarter projects is that they were not aware of the amount of time and effort it would require to maintain momentum throughout their campaign. One creator I interviewed for KickstarterForum.com who experienced this was Mark Stein of Modern Medium: The Movie. When asked what he would have done differently looking back at his project, he shared:

“I think I would have spent a lot more time investing in a PR campaign to hit just before and during our launch. I went into this thinking we would get a fair amount of traffic from Kickstarter itself, but that didn’t happen. As best we can trace the activity, it looks like all our backers came from our own marketing and outreach. It seems that with so many projects “live” at any given time, each project really needs to be prepared to create its own traffic.”

Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • bunnycam
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

Re: How To Efficiently Manage Your Crowdfunding Project

by bunnycam » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:22 am

Some thoughts on the traffic source, we are running a project for the very first time, totally agree with "unexpected time and effort invested in the project", but we did saw 65% of our backers come from the KS site itself, should it have something to do with the key word setting? The KS has a lot of potential to become a good SEO company and backs' insight, for sure.

But agree that the offline mkt and PR should be ready before the launch. We actually are figuring this out. A lot of journalists won't be interested in your project until you secured a mad sucess. Love to hear more from the community.
  • Georgiagirl
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by Georgiagirl » Mon Jun 23, 2014 12:06 pm

What great tips! I have always firmly believed that any successful team thrives on solid relationships.
    sbriggman
    -- Veteran Member --
    -- Veteran Member --

by sbriggman » Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:05 pm

@bunnycam - It kind of depends on the project category. Some categories will get a lot more support from the Kickstarter community that others, and yes, your title, thumbnail, description, etc influence click through rates and support from the community.
    Learn how to succeed on Kickstarter: here.
    Submit a free press release for your Kickstarter campaign here.
  • donatien
    -- New Member --
    -- New Member --

by donatien » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:27 am

I found that getting in a sub-category that is well targeted for your project (and hopefully not overcrowded with other projects) improved visibility (for instance we changed our category from hardware to DIY electronics during the project).
    My campaign, easy NFC for the Internet of Things:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/do ... of-things/
    MathFour
    -- Junior Member --
    -- Junior Member --

by MathFour » Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:16 am

That category thing is weird. I'm concerned that we'll have too much competition because we have to be in tech (we're ed, really but there's no category for that).
    Bon Crowder
    Math Mom & Education Advocate
    Launching a crowdfunding campaign for the tool described at ThatsMath.com, this year sometime #fingerscrossed
    Found online via blog, twitter, pinterest, etc. by the name MathFour